Friday, November 12, 2004

In the beginning...

The hardest thing about blogging is not the material - everyday life has boatloads of material if you're the least bit perceptive - but just the act of starting. This is because the first post is always, always the lamest. With all apologies for this inauspicious start, I just had to crank something out just to get this process rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love to opine (whine?) about anything and everything, and I have definite long-term plans for my little piece of Blogger real estate (for instance, I want to somehow link this to the start page of my website - www.methodtim.net - but I'm, how shall I say, html-retarded).

That said, just the act of getting my first post on-line has become a monumental bitch. I have brain-lock like the Dickens. This is exhacerbated by the fact that I already have a low-tech blog-like journal on my site, which makes me feel like this particular blog has no frame of reference. I mean, it's not the start of something new, but I don't want to be rehashing things I covered on my personal site. So my solution is just to crank out this half-assed post just as a starting point - hopefully a starting point for greater and grander expositions about nothing in particular.

I guess you can look at this post in one of two ways: As a self-fulfilling prophecy that these three paragraphs will undoubtedly suck; or as a sly attempt by me to set the bar incredulously low, so that anything that comes after will shine in comparison. I'll let you know which one it is as soon as I figure it out myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home